How to Optimize your Amazon Sales Page
Once you have navigated through the process of creating your content and publishing it, then comes the never easy task of making sure your work catches the eyes of paying readers. Your content may be amazing but, without the necessary optimization and marketing, your sales page may fall into a deep sea of other self-published work. Your plan should be to capture prospective readers’ attention by helping your Amazon Book Page to stand out and thereby increase your ranking. There are several ways to do this effectively, and in order to do so you must look over your page with a critical eye, putting yourself in the reader’s place.
Here are some ideas to do just that:
- Use the Book Description section to write a synopsis that will capture attention from the first line. It’s important to look at this as a sales pitch rather than a book description. Hook in your reader and spark their interest with a few juicy tidbits of information that leave them wanting more. A long, detailed book description tends to put people off rather than hook them in. You can also add excerpts from editorial reviews to this section.
- Amazon categories: you can research all of the categories and subcategories on a regular basis, as Amazon updates them very often. Make sure your categories are accurate and specific. Include a broad category and eventually have the ‘path’ become more niche.
- Keywords/SEO: take some time to research the correct keywords for your listing, and also use them wisely throughout your page. By the way, wisely means not overdoing it! Using well-researched keywords automatically improves your visibility on both Amazon and Google search listings.
- Create an Amazon Author Central page. You can update it with information about yourself, your work, and any other noteworthy content that your readers will be interested in, such as links to your blog, editorial reviews, and book trailers or videos. It’s a great way to keep your readers up to date with any new work and/or events. It’s also a great way to reach more readers and track your sales.
- Use eye-catching titles and book covers. Even if you have optimized your page as much as you can but you’ve failed to put together an eye-catching title or book cover, your efforts may all be in vain – you have a few seconds to catch someone’s attention before they browse along, so make it work! Use friends and peers as sounding boards for constructive criticism and if you feel that you need to change something, the great thing about Amazon listings is that you can easily do it!
When you create your book listing think about it with a sales and marketing cap on, and use your writing talent to create a listing that will capture attention and lead to sales. Consider looking at other popular authors’ pages to see what works for them – sometimes it just takes a few strategic updates to make a huge difference in your sales ranking!
— Marquina (@Marquina) January 17, 2017